The holidays are upon us all in West Palm Beach. All of
us West Palm Beach chiropractors, teachers, parents, workers, and employees are
feeling the holiday stress. Let’s all make a vow to better cope this year! Here
are 5 tools Chiropractic Care offers:
- A Grateful Attitude
- Be grateful. Gratitude leads to joy which is what the
holiday season is all about!
- Eat well particularly on in-between party days.
- Mix in fruits and vegetables.
- Enjoy the sweets, and keep them under control. Extraneous
sugar for immediate energy turns into fat. Fat doesn’t help back pain or
- Stay hydrated. Start a new water drinking routine. Eight
glasses of water a day is a fine start! Chiropractic Care encourages water
consumption for your bone, skin, spinal disc, bowel, mind, and appetite! (1)
- Just move. Walk more.
- Schedule a workout or a yoga class (2) or a walk at
the gym or on the treadmill.
- Start a new routine of waking to motion with a simple
exercise you can do while in bed even: knee-chest and hamstring stretch.
- Don’t ignore signs of back pain or neck pain. All that West Palm Beach
shopping and gift wrapping (There's no ideal position to get this job done!)
may strain your spine. Plan a visit to your West Palm Beach chiropractor - your back pain specialist - sooner than later. Chiropractic Care is
here for you!
- Breathe. Focus on the breath when too many choices appear, too many cookies have to be baked, too many gifts have to be
wrapped. Just breathe. It's amazing what
6 even breaths in and out will do.
- Visualize calm. When "too much" comes your way, visualize
yourself in your favorite location: a beach, a snow capped mountain, a hot tub,
a lounge chair in front of a fire. Ahhh.
- Close your eyes. Not while you're actually driving to
grandmother's house, but close your eyes for a moment while sitting at your
desk or in your car. Closing your eyes shuts out all the stimuli if only for a
- Soak in the sun whenever possible. Its Vitamin D does
wonders for your bones and immunity and spirit! (3)
- Enjoy some West Palm Beach chiropractic care!
- Sleep gives your mind and body a rest to be ready for more!
The holidays are so busy. The time is so short. The demands –
self imposed or family imposed or work imposed or society imposed – are high. Your
West Palm Beach chiropractor and all the staff at Chiropractic Care feel it,
too. Let’s support each other this year! Chiropractic Care looks forward to your relaxing,
re-energizing, pain-relieving holiday West Palm Beach chiropractic visit!
Contact us today. Happy Holidays!
"This information and website content is not intended to diagnose, guarantee results, or recommend specific treatment or activity. It is designed to educate and inform only. Please consult your physician for a thorough examination leading to a diagnosis and well-planned treatment strategy. See more details on the DISCLAIMER
page. Content is reviewed by Dr. James M. Cox I