Call us to set up an appointment! 708-220-6809

Gentle West Palm Beach Chiropractic Care for Ankylosing Spondylitis

Ankylosing spondylitis. Not a well-known back pain condition you hear about all the time, but it’s one that merits gentle, relieving treatment by a knowledgeable chiropractor like your West Palm Beach chiropractor at Chiropractic Care. Chiropractic care of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is relieving for many such patients, and Cox® Technic is a most gentle treatment approach West Palm Beach ankylosing spondylitis patients value.

WHAT IS ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS?

Ankylosing spondylitis is a chronic inflammatory rheumatic disease altering most usually the spine and sacroiliac joints. Early treatment when AS is active may assist in maintaining some flexibility in the spine and reduce any resulting hyperkyphosis of the cervicothoracic spine and/or rigidity of the thoracolumbar, lumbosacral and sacroiliac spine that may result and preclude doing required activities of daily living. There are mainly two forms: active and inactive. Active is the development phase of AS while inactive is the post-development phase of AS. Chiropractic Care takes care of both types with associated healthcare colleagues to the advantage of the AS patient.

WHAT HELPS MANAGE ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS?

Teamwork and coordination is helpful for patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Chiropractors, rheumatologists, primary care physicians, physical therapists, etc., are all important in the management of ankylosing spondylitis. The first step is identifying ankylosing spondylitis. Chiropractic Care is aware of the signs: back pain with more than 1 of three features (HLA-B27 positivity, current inflammatory back pain, or x-ray/MRI evidence of sacroiliitis). 37% of ankylosing spondylitis is diagnosed by a rheumatologist, and the other 63% is diagnosed by other healthcare providers like your West Palm Beach chiropractor. (1) Rheumatologists report on the benefits of a new approach to try: nanocurcumin. It is documented that T-helper 17 cells appear at higher amounts in ankylosing spondylitis patients. Nanocurcumin is evolving as a new approach to control the T-helper 17 cells as it is an anti-inflammatory compound described as improving some clinical symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis. (2) Mixing chiropractic manipulation and rehabilitation with care of a rheumatologist is positive for inactive ankylosing spondylitis patients in a recent study. Cox® flexion distraction was a treatment used with ankylosing spondylitis patients that helped. Patients also were instructed to do home stretches and rehab exercises. They experienced some relief of the symptoms, decreased pain and improved ability to perform activities of daily living. (3) Chiropractic Care offers gentle, stretching West Palm Beach chiropractic care with Cox® Technic spinal manipulation. It feels good to the AS spine that feels stiff and rigid. And a little good goes a long way!

CONTACT Chiropractic Care

Listen to this PODCAST with Dr. Gabriel Monterrubio, a chiropractor practicing in Mexico, on The Back Doctors Podcast with Dr. Michael Johnson as he explains his care and pain alleviating success for several ankylosing spondylitis patients - including a diver who keeps diving even now – using Cox® Technic and exercise in the treatment plan.

Schedule a West Palm Beach chiropractic appointment at Chiropractic Care for yourself or a loved one who has ankylosing spondylitis. Uncommon? Yes. Unmanageable? No. Chiropractic Care is here to help.

 
Chiropractic Care uses gentle chiropractic spinal manipulation in the form of Cox Technic for ankylosing spondylitis management. 
« View All Spine Articles
"This information and website content is not intended to diagnose, guarantee results, or recommend specific treatment or activity. It is designed to educate and inform only. Please consult your physician for a thorough examination leading to a diagnosis and well-planned treatment strategy. See more details on the DISCLAIMER page."